Resort Manager - Torquay
What you’ll do
Located at the gateway to the Great Ocean Road, this beautiful resort is right opposite the beach at Zeally Bay and offers panoramic ocean views. We are currently seeking an energetic and experienced individual with exceptional customer service skills and the ability to lead our team.
What is the role?
This role will draw on your passion, initiative, drive and strategic approach to deliver a great product for our guests and owners. Ideally you will have previous Resort/Management experience, alongside a passion for leading from the front and empowering your team to succeed. Your focus will be on building relationships with key stakeholders, optimizing revenue generation opportunities and enhancing the guest experience. The ideal candidate requires resilience and good time management. This position oversees a large property of over 100 rooms including a Food and Beverage cafe and is involved with the schemes body corporate. This is a hands on role and you must have a strong understanding of Front Office and Food and Beverage.
What are we looking for?
- Operational knowledge and experience in all hotel departments including Front Office and Food and Beverage
- Good understanding of Opera (PMS)
- Ability to lead and motivate a team.
- Excellent financial skills and business acumen, with a sound understanding of working budgets and forecasting
- Experience in managing multiple business units
- Understanding of Workplace Health & Safety requirements
- Ability to recruit, train and manage employees of all levels, including controlling wage costs
- Exceptional customer service skills
Who are we?
Wyndham Destinations Asia Pacific, part of Wyndham Destinations, is the world’s largest Vacation Ownership company. As we continue to grow, we offer a variety of career opportunities across our Gold Coast and Singapore corporate offices, resorts and sales sites. Our success lies with our employees and we take great pride in recruiting the best talent. We are passionate about our employees reaching their full potential, providing world-class career development opportunities.
What do we offer?
Great company benefits including discounted resort stays across Australia, New Zealand and Fiji, training opportunities and a fantastic working environment on offer!