Legal Counsel Asia Pacific
What you’ll do
Rare opportunity to join an in-house legal team based on the Gold Coast with a large South East Asia & Pacific focus. We are looking for an experienced Legal Counsel to support Wyndham's IT, Privacy & Information Management Team within the Legal Department, and help foster Wyndham’s strong ethical culture and core values. We are looking for a tenacious and decisive team player who can continue to enhance the various aspects of the global programs, including:
- Providing legal advice and guidance on technology, telecommunications, and general contracting related matters
- Supporting the Company’s sales, marketing, owner/member services, information technology, and other functions by providing thoughtful and timely advice related to privacy and data protection on current and new products and services
- Advising business functions on records retention and disposition practices
- Conducting privacy risk and impact assessments
- Tracking and analyzing changes in related laws and regulations
- Managing incident responses
- Developing and conducting related training and awareness campaigns, and helping to develop and amend corporate-wide policy documents.
What are we looking for?
The successful candidate will have an understanding of privacy and data protection laws throughout the Asia-Pacific region, particularly Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Japan, Philippines, and China. We are looking for a highly ethical individual with strong legal acumen. The candidate must be a hands-on, self-starter who is able to lead multiple projects in a fast paced environment and stay abreast of this rapidly developing area of the law.
- Australian-qualified lawyer
- 5-7 years post-admission legal experience in government, law firms or multinational corporations preferred, with a focus on technology contracts, privacy and information management.
- IAPP Privacy Certification(s) or willingness to obtain certification within one year of hire is required.
- Deep working knowledge of privacy, data retention, and e-discovery laws, regulations, and industry best practices.
- Experience developing and implementing privacy notices in an international business that engages in both B2B and B2C transactions.
- Strong experience preparing and negotiating technology-related agreements preferably from both the vendor and user sides.
- Experience conducting investigations or incident response.
- Knowledge of EU GDPR preferred.
- Proficiency in Mandarin or other Asian languages a plus.
- Basic technical knowledge of IT environments and IS systems including knowledge of DLP, PCI, ISO 27002, NIST Cybersecurity framework.
- Superior ethics and moral character.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Good analytical skills and ability to issue spot.
- Frequent travel from work location may be required.
Who are we?
Wyndham Destinations Asia Pacific, part of Wyndham Destinations, is the world’s largest Vacation Ownership company. As we continue to grow, we offer a variety of career opportunities across our Gold Coast and Singapore corporate offices, resorts and sales sites. Our success lies with our employees and we take great pride in recruiting the best talent. We are passionate about our employees reaching their full potential, providing world-class career development opportunities.
What do we offer?
A corporate office with sweeping views of the gold coast, a company that continues to grow and develop providing exposure to the type of Global Corporation rarely seen on the Gold Coast. As well as an attractive salary, onsite gym and cafe, subsidised private health cover (upon successful probation period), discounted resort stays and more.